IOPN Journals offers publishing services focused on open access journals and on a cross-disciplinary range of research areas and topics.
IOPN Journals Catalog
All IOPN Journals can be accessed via the IOPN Journals catalog.
Hosting a Journal with IOPN
Who can use this service?
We offer journal publishing services to members of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign community and established, high-quality scholarly communities with strong disciplinary ties to the university.
IOPN journal publishing criteria:
We coordinate a basic set of services but do not reproduce the full-service model of commercial journal publishing. Our criteria is as follows:
- Published electronically as an open access journal and reside on University of Illinois Library servers
- Has main objective of publishing the results of advanced research and scholarly work by specialists for a readership of specialists or practitioners
- Appears on a regular basis (annually, quarterly)
- Published in English
- Shows excellence and significance in content
- Objectives and content should be distinct and meet a scholarly and/or practical need
- Demonstrates rigor of the selection/editorial process
- Encourages participation by both recognized and new researchers
- Recognized in appropriate indexes after being in existence for three years
- Has academically credible editorial management
- Exhibits an overall presentation of high quality, that conforms to industry standards for typographic design
- Publishes research material without unreasonable delay after favorable assessment
- Includes references links to original material as often as possible
- Has no artificial limits on the number and/or length of articles, illustrations, or book reviews
- Has an author agreement in place or permission-to-publish form that deals with copyright, 3rd-party licensing, etc.
- Encourages interactivity with readers.