Submission Preparation Checklist
All submissions must meet the following requirements.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word document file format.
- I am comfortable with and agree to publishing my work with a Creative Commons license.
- The text adheres to the requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The author(s) have minimized any information or embedded metadata that might reveal their identity.
Pre-Peer Review Program
The Pre-Peer Review Program provides authors who may be new to the profession or academic writing with the opportunity to receive feedback on their writing before formally submitting their article to an academic journal. We pair a potential author or authors with a member of our editorial advisory team whose research and interests most closely align with their work. Over the course of three months, the editorial advisory board member consults with the author or authors, offering them a mock-review of their article and guiding them through the revision process. Once complete, the author or authors may submit their article to JLOE or another journal of their choice. Please note that participation in the program does not guarantee publication, either in JLOE or any other academic journal.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.